Studio is closed, due to fire.

Friday, October 12, 2012

New Poppystamps Die Cuts

I just had to make a card using one of the new Poppystamp die, the stained glass window. There are a few different designs, but my favorite was this one. I used vellum and temporarily taped down the die cut image, so I could follow the lines. I colored it from the back (very important), with COPICs. I'm sure there are several other coloring tools that would work too, but my COPICs are always handy.
Then I added permanent adhesive to put down the first die cut shape of a copper card stock. I was originally going to leave it like that, but after die cutting black to go behind it (thanks Lee), I placed the black image just off center of the copper a bit. This effect made it look like a shadow and really popped the stained glass look.

Here are some other die cuts we received. Some are already gone, but we are ordering again. Let us know what you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment